I arrived in Thailand in the fall of 2001 and have since been blessed with four children, all born in Bangkok. I felt a call to working with birthing women after a less-than-desirable birth with my first child and a wonderful, empowering birth with my second child. Working with women and families though their life-changing event of having a baby has been a fun, challenging, and rewarding experience.
I have been a certified childbirth educator with Childbirth International (CBI) and a certified doula with CBI since 2008. I studied midwifery with Ancient Art Midwifery Institute and my clinical training was at Yayasan Bumi Sehat in Bali Indonesia, under the supervision of Midwife Ibu Robin Lim, CPM. In March of 2013, I received the midwifery certification of Certified Professional Midwife (CPM) from the North American Registry of Midwives (NARM) and continue to maintain this certification. In May of 2015, I began studying with Trinity School of Natural Health to pursue the Doctor of Naturopathy degree.
I provide care and information for women from all walks of life. By providing evidence-based resources, parents can understand the birth process and make informed decisions regarding procedures and options. I offer encouragement, reassurance, and support.
- Birth is a normal, healthy, natural process.
- Birth is as safe as life gets.
- Birth can be a sacred, transforming, and joyful
- Birth can be approached with confidence and trust rather
- Women’s bodies are designed to give birth with little
- Women deserve individualized, personal care free from
routine interventions. "Birth is safe; interference is risky."
- Women have the right to true informed consent for any
- Women have the right and responsibility to choose birth
location, care, and care provider that matches their
individual philosophy and needs.
- Women can feel empowered if able to voice their birth
preferences, understand the birth process, and know the
benefits, risks, and options for their choices.
- Women can be confident and equipped for their own
transformations from pregnancy to motherhood.
- Babies have the right to careful informed consent by the
- Babies have the right to a peaceful and gentle birth.
- Babies (boys and girls) have the right to genital integrity.