I arrived in Thailand in the fall of 2001 and have since been blessed with four children, all born in Bangkok. I felt a call to working with birthing women after a less-than-desirable birth with my first child and a wonderful, empowering birth with my second child. Working with women and families though their life-changing event of having a baby has been a fun, challenging, and rewarding experience.
I have been a certified childbirth educator with Childbirth International (CBI) and a certified doula with CBI since 2008.
I provide care and information for women from all walks of life. By providing evidence-based resources, parents can understand the birth process and make informed decisions regarding procedures and options. I offer encouragement, reassurance, and support.
- Birth is a normal, healthy, natural process.
- Birth is as safe as life gets.
- Birth can be a sacred, transforming, and joyful
- Birth can be approached with confidence and trust rather
- Women’s bodies are designed to give birth with little
- Women deserve individualized, personal care free from
routine interventions. "Birth is safe; interference is risky."
- Women have the right to true informed consent for any
- Women have the right and responsibility to choose birth
location, care, and care provider that matches their
individual philosophy and needs.
- Women can feel empowered if able to voice their birth
preferences, understand the birth process, and know the
benefits, risks, and options for their choices.
- Women can be confident and equipped for their own
transformations from pregnancy to motherhood.
- Babies have the right to careful informed consent by the
- Babies have the right to a peaceful and gentle birth.
- Babies (boys and girls) have the right to genital integrity.